CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6

Six and last but not least SEVEN!




After spending a small fortune at the animal park we went to coos bay for the night, we liked the look of the monkey, zebra and giraffe so we decided to take them with us. The nicest restaurant in town was on the schedule for us so off to the Sizzler we went. The room had a nice blue hue, I realized it was the reflection off the hair of all the other patrons. This frightened me and we left thinking a seafood dive would be safer. We were right! Dinner was yummy and I has some of the best halibut ever. Caught that day! We slept well after a freezing dip in the outdoor pool, brilliant idea, the outdoor pool, for a town with an average high of 60. 


The drive to Honeyman was not too bad, the state park is HUGE!! On the way we saw these giant sand trucks and went back for a dune tour that was super awesome and fun! The kids did not bicker for a whole 30 minuets, a trip record. I am frankly tired of them and wish for a mute button or way to take out their batteries. Better yet I will trick them into swimming in the lake. Little do they know it is really a trap, it's a quicksand bottom lake. HE he, swim time....

The yert was much nicer and in way better shape if for nothing else the futon folds flat! None the less by morning the children are fighting and I am done....we left a day early after rapidly packing in our jammies. We made good time getting out of town, until...
That DAMN ROOF BOX...
out flew two sleeping bags , a sleeping pad and duffel bag. I bet it scared the holey crap out of the dude behind us. Nice guy not only did not flip us of, but stopped and help us get stuff off the highway. He must've been pretty shocked to see us all in our Jammies. oops. Poor guy twice over. 

So I suppose it is time to confess that the box coming open twice was not REALLY Darren's fault but a problem with manufacturing. Clearly those things are defective. So precise, it must be completely closed, blather blather bla bla says the rack people. ANYWAYS! Darren was glad to see me and the kids. He did mentions since we came home early he was not able to clean the house as he meant too and we took away the time he had planned to clean. Of course Darren, the was going to be spotless if only you had had one more day....
I was glad to have some no kid time, once D got home I was gone for some me time....ahhh.
I have sand pictures, soon, the dunes are awesome!


0 comments: