CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 20

The official end of summer.

Dirty sticky face, tangled hair, unwashed for days. Camping ROCKS.
The Girls love Salamander City, the real name, I don't know. We went to Detroit lake as the last trip of the summer and there is this waterfall and for some reason hundreds of Salamanders live in that area. So we always go and anchor the boat so the kids can swim, play and torture small animals with hugs and kisses and all sorts of games. You can see Katie's enthusiasm oozing out of her and ow much restraint she has to use to not squeeze it's guts out. 
Darren as usual is a daredevil on the tube. He gets better and better at hanging on. It's kills me that he didn't get pitched like a rag doll here. I almost feel bad going dangerously fast and making insane turns to launch him off and skip the surface like a stone. 
I know it's a little blurry. The kids love to camp and I have begun to think it's because there is nothing to do but just hang. Darren's hair was styled by Anna, super cute, although he did take it out before venturing out of our site. Darren spends much of his time complaining about how much he hates Count Olaf the stupid cat dog. I have once again caught him clearly torturing this poor animal. No matter how much I talk to him about not being so cruel he is unable to resist. A few days ago I found him in the living room with Olaf cradled in his arms like a baby rocking him while rubbing his tummy. The hate is so pure and intense with those two.
Anna hates the boat, hates swimming. Clearly. She is my shiny star and I am so crazy about her. What a fun kid. She is my soul sister, set out to torment and tease Darren as much as possible. What a good little minion.  

0 comments: