CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27

Traditions.

Growing up we did lots of fun things for our birthdays. Played games, had friends over, ate cake. One of my favorite things to do was sing. I love to sing. I am pretty lousy at singing however. Maybe lousy is not a strong enough word. Awful. When I met my husband and attended a birthday party imagine how excited I was to discover their birthday tradition. They sing a very special birthday surprise. I fit in! I can sing with these people. 
We have sung in restaurants before. It is always oddly quite when we finish. Now we mostly sing Happy Birthday in parking lots to avoid the rapid escape needed after.
I must admit my favorite thing is the look on the faces of people who have been unsuspectingly been invited to the party. The shock and surprise just kills me. Also I love how every single baby in our family has cried, at their own party. Poor Babies. 
 

1 comments:

Heather said...

I freakin' love it!