CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3

Home improvement hell...

So were making a few improvements to the abode so that when we have the baby and my friends come to visit I am not forced to put living room furniture on my front porch to receive them. Darren says I should not let them come over it would sure save him a lot of time and work. I told him about the bad ass soup my friend coca makes. He said it had better be a big pot. 

I was thinking I should take some before and after pictures but I would be too embarrassed to post them for everyone to see. I don't really mind my crappy house when I am on vacation, but when I am forced to stay home and look around I think ewh. Thank god we have area rugs to cover the crap we need to fix on our floors...

So here is Darren's to do list.
I don't think the list is that long. 

Shelves in two closets.
Paint the baby's room.
Put up trim and molding all around the room.
New Light fixture.
Three set of Curtain rods.
Rearrange all the furniture in both the family and living room.
Move the computer.
Move the bookcase and put the kitchen stuff away.
Get the floors ready to be steamed cleaned.
Hang three new blinds.
Assemble all the baby furniture.
He does have 17 weekends left till the baby is due. Plenty of time. 
And I did put the contact paper on two of the shelves for him. Thoughtful and helpful eh? And I went to home depot to direct him. He loved all my direction and input. Did I mention that he is not a handy man and the last time he messed with an outlet he electrocuted himself. He plans to turn all the power off when he does the light fixture. Getting smarter.


0 comments: